The Film Empire is a platform for blossoming filmmakers to enter premier Filmmaking Mentorship Contests. Our first year of contests included Hollywood Filmmaking Mentorship I, the Rising Writers Initiative, and our Scrypt to Screen horror contest.
Now, we are proud to present…
The Film Empire: The “Fempire” Film Competition
Female filmmakers will have the chance to win mentorship meetings with our diverse lineup of industry pros. This mentorship will occur between April-May 2018 in person (in Los Angeles) or via video conference. The purpose of a female driven contest is to impart knowledge on our grand prize winner through the advice and expertise of professionals in film & television industry. Entrants can reside in any country in the world.
Not all mentors will be able to meet in person due to schedule. Mentors are subject to change.
Ellen Kuras (cinematographer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Blow; director, Ozark),
Deborah Chow (director, Fear the Walking Dead, Mr. Robot),
Nancy Sanders (manager; producer, HBO’s The Night Of),
Hayley Easton Street (art director, Justice League, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
Karina Miller (producer, To the Bone)
Naomi Geraghty (editor, Bloodline, Hotel Rwanda)
Debbi Bossi (associate producer, The Lion King 2019; post-production supervisor, Star Trek)
Elizabeth Dell, Producers Guild of America China Task Force
Gavin J. Behrmann (production supervisor, Blade Runner 2049)
Dana O’Keefe (executive, Cinetic Media)
Tirrell Whittley (CEO/Principal, Liquid Soul; marketing & publicity, Game of Thrones, Guardians of the Galaxy, War for the Planet of the Apes, Mad Max, The Beauty and the Beast)
- Women only. 18 years of age or older.
- Do NOT reach out to any of our mentors. Our mentors speak with us directly and if it is found that you have submitted your screenplay and attempted to reach out will be grounds for automatic disqualification, no matter how far you have advanced in the contest.
- Applicants can submit as many screenplays to multiple packages with respective entry fees.
- Applicants can submit their short or feature film, any length. The winner’s film will be viewed by the mentors for
- Only the submitting filmmaker can claim the mentorship meetings.
- All payments are final.
- There are two options to meet mentors:
- Option 1: *Meet in-person (travel is not included)
- Option 2: Video teleconference meetings
*If winner selects in-person option, they must cover their own travel, lodging, transportation and other expenses not mentioned. It’s likely that all mentors will not be able to meet in person. The Film Empire is not responsible for ensuring winners have their passports and travel accommodations.
Fees & Deadlines
Applicants can submit as many screenplays to multiple packages with respective entry fees.
All payments are final.
Pre Black Friday Sale
November 24, 2017
December 25, 2017
February 28, 2018
March 31, 2018